Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No, and I was even on the pill.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? No, never been.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Honestly, I was devastated!! I just graduated from high school 3 months prior and here I was unmarried and pregnant. But, once I got over that, I was kinda excited - scared and excited.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? God No!!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? Pregnant at 18, gave birth at 19
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I just knew. It's weird to explain but I had taken a test once or twice before just cuz I wasn't sure. When I took this test, I knew before I even took it I was pregnant.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Well, I was working the evening/night shift at Carrs back then, so I think I told my boss/co-worker/friend. Then Ron picked me up after I got off work and I told him, crying the the whole time.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? I did and I didn't. We went in for an ultrasound and was only going to find out "if" the doc could tell. I asked and he said, "No, looks like the baby is covering it up." So I said it must be a boy cuz his hand was on his crotch, LOL. (think of Ed Bundy here)
9. DUE DATE? May 23, 1997
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? A little bit, more so when I took my prenatal vitamins though so I stopped taking those. Haha, Ron got it more than I did, that whole "sympathy pregnancy" thing.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? The only thing I can remember is I always wanted a BIIIIIG cup of lemonade from McDonalds with a LOT of ice. And then I would have to drink a bottle of Mylanta afterwards cuz I had really bad heartburn and, of course, the lemonade made it worse.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I can really remember feeling irritated when people wanted to touch my tummy when they saw me, whether they knew me or not. I really was ok with my family touching it, after they asked or motioned that they wanted to, but total strangers!!?! Not so much.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Male
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I have always wanted a girl but end up having both - girl first then a boy - and that's only cuz I grew up with all brothers. But, I really just knew he was going to be a boy.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 35. Its the lbs after that I'm still trying to lose (even almost 12 years later, LOL).
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, I did. And my moms friend made me a cake that matched my invitations. It was awesome!
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about it cuz I had to decide who was invited.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not during the pregnancy but while I was in labor, yes. Got the epidural and for some off reason it got into my bloodstream (I think) and I started to feel my throat close and I started to cry cuz I really couldn't breathe. It was scary!!
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Fairbanks Memorial Hospital in good ol' Fairbanks, Alaska
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Went in to get induced again at 8:00 am and he was born around 6:00 pm so, 10 hours.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Ron
22. WHO WAS WITH YOU WHEN YOU GIVE BIRTH? Ron, my mom, his mom and dad and then numerous other family and friends outside waiting.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? As natural as can be with having to be induced and getting pain meds.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Tried putosun (however that is spelled) in my i.v. and when that didn't work, got an epidural which made me feel fantastic!!
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? My bouncing baby boy was a whopping 8 lbs 2 oz and was 21-1/2 inches long.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? May 28th, a week later which is why I had to get induced.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Ronald Tayllor (Ron is a family name) but we call him Tayllor
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 11 years and about 8-1/2 months
Our first picture together