Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Summer Hockey

I gotta share some pretty exciting news with everyone. Tayllor got invited to play on an elite hockey team this summer to compete in a tournament down in Vegas this year!! He was chosen by the owner/manager of the Northern Attack hockey team, based out of Anchorage, for his skill and sportsmanship on and off the ice. He will be playing with all kids from the same birth year (97's we call em) mostly from Anchorage, a few from Wasilla and Kenai as well as 2 of his friends from his Arctic Lions hockey team. This is a pretty big deal to us, mostly because not everyone gets invited or looked at for this opportunity. Tayllor is really excited because he gets to play more hockey and he gets to go to Vegas!

I am attaching a link to the Northern Attack 97 AAA website. If you click "roster" at the top of the page, it will take you to the list of kids on the team this year. Click on T's name and you can be directed to the bio the manager wrote about him. I was pretty impressed with the good things he said about my little guy. I'm such a proud mama!!


He will be heading to Vegas first week in July for the tournament, but first down to Anchorage a week or 2 before that to get some practice in. Unfortunatly, because of my job in the construction business, I am unable to leave during the summer time so I will miss it all. It's also really expensive to fly anywhere now-a-days. As bummed as I am, I know this is an important step for T because he has already made a really good name for himself within the state, but now he gets to try and make a name for himself nationally as well as see what kinds of competition is out there. Thankfully, the parents of the other 2 boys from here that are going have agreed to take T with them and take care of him for me. I trust them completely so all should be wonderful. I guess I better get used to the idea of not being able to travel with my kid for hockey since prices are just outrageous. But, how I would love to get to go to Vegas for T's 1st time there!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really great! I'm really happy for T...but wait, I remember you telling him he had to be 21 before he was allowed to go to Vegas. ;) Ooops, guess we didn't see that one coming. LoL Really though I am so happy for him and the coach had such nice things to say. Good job Tayllor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did say 21 and I was totally sticking with that. Can't pass up this opportunity though. What makes me the most upset is that I can't be there for his first Vegas experience ya know? I had kinda talked to him a little about going to Vegas for his 21st but noooooooooo, the tourney just HAS to be in Vegas, LOL. Oh well, what can ya do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt he'll get much time on the strip seeing that he's in Vegas for hockey ;)
    Congrats to Tayllor - that's an amazing feat! Best of luck and we'll be in Anchorage from June thru July...we'll keep our eyes out for him then!
    love you guys!
    ~Dahlia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are probably right, but I still would love to have been there for his first "ooooooh"s and "aaaaaaaaaaah"s when he saw all the lights. I'll relay the congrats to him. Not going to make it up to Fairbanks huh?? Love you guys too :)

    ReplyDelete